Hi all! I've been lurking for awhile... Trying to learn the ways of the pond bosses while I searched for property. I've pulled the trigger and I'm officially an owner! My wife and I bought 83 acres in eastern NC. Has 2 ponds on it already and borders a third... On my property one of the two was for sand pit use (very shallow 3ftish about an acre) and one was used to build a road (a little deeper but no idea how deep, 1/4 acre ish). The bordering pond was also a sand pit(long ago) but has fish. I don't think either of mine has any fish. We are planning on making the land an estate for generations to come and will eventually (10ish years from now) build a house and a 10-15 acre pond. But for now it's going to be our playground.
So some questions... How should I proceed with the ponds on my property? Where do I start?? I'm thinking the L shaped shallow sand pit pond should stay as is. It seems too shallow and clear for any real fishing. In the pics it looks muddy but thats actually the bottom sand.
The smaller one I think I could make work as a fishin hole and later on as a stocking pond for my 10+ acre one. It clearly needs aeration and an outlet just to keep the top from being stagnant (as you can see in the pic).
The pond that I border looks to be in excellent shape for fishing and I want to enhance what is already there. I'm sure my neighbor is ok with me making it better for hunting/fishing but I want a solid plan before I present it to him.

Soil is very sandy, but a high water table.

Sorry for the rambling but I wanted as many opinions, suggestions, and comments as I could get. I'm so excited about it I can't stop smiling smile

This site is amazing btw smile my wife loves to give me hell at the hours I've spent here.
Great to be aboard!!

Attached Images
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg