Sounds like a pretty liberal relaxation of normal policy, regarding taking deer. And from my way of thinking, that makes sense as they need to thin the herd.

This issue of costs intrigues me also. As a non-deer hunter myself, killing a deer appears on the surface to be an extremely cheap way to get meat. I see deer nearly every day on my property, often at the same times and locations. A little forethought, and a single 20 gauge slug fired from a gun I already own, would yield a pretty decent return on the investment in my opinion?

I would obviously still have substantial time invested in dressing and butchering the animal, and some related expenditures in packaging materials, but it certainly doesn't appear prohibitively expensive.

And for a lot of folks around me, that's just how it's done. It's cheap meat. I can see where trophy hunting might, like most every other hobby, be taken as far and as extreme as one desires. But just to kill for the freezer, would appear to require very little.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.