Originally Posted By: Rainman
John, I can't see how bass could control carp offspring in muddy, turbid water since they need to see their prey. But, I suppose if you can see your fish feeding, the water can't be too muddy or turbid.

Rainman it wasn't my intention to say that bass could control carp minnows in really muddy water. My water during those years had a clearity of 1 1/2 feet or so. The coloration was tan green which I believe was a bloom & mud mixture. My total carp population was 26, 6 Israeli's and 20 KOI. I had a good LMB population and some CC. I put in 4 trash can to promote CC young but never got any. To me, the bass & CC had to be cleaning up all the minnows. I had hoped to get off springs of KOI, Israeli and CC. I saw young bass growing and bluegills but not the others I mentioned. Even though I wanted more Israeli I also worried that the Israeli would populate and take over the pond, but the 6 always showed up for feeding and never any more. You can understand the KOI young being picked off but not the Israeli young.