Hi TGW1, Like sunil said,it should not be a real problem. BUT, our fish here in East Texas probably do not transport as well with below freezing temp just like they fish do not transport well in real hot East Texas summers, as you may know. If your pond ices over, then it is better for you to let Todd handle that possible issue in his ponds. Point being, don't know how much you are spending but it would be a shame to have a die off or fish kill, when a little warmer temps could prevent any problems.

From what I have read and understand from many of the PB'ers here transported fish have the shock/stress of being caught,then transport stress, and then the release into "New/Different water. It is not a chance for your money to wait until conditions are right, whereas if you stock, no matter how it is done Todd,like most, would want to make it right if the fish died, why take the chance.

As you know, if you are from East TX then this is a early, rare, hard freeze, for us. If it were me personally I would wait,IMHO. I do not want to speak for Todd other than say I DO and HAVE taken his advice for the simple fact that he knows.IMHO
Anyway, Welcome and please take pics when you can and post so we can see. Good luck and wish for Fat and Happy fish!

Last edited by mpc; 11/14/14 09:19 AM.

Life is more fun with a pole in your hand.