Copies and Pasted from a thread I started when trophy SMB were my first goal.

Pond specifics- location: North Central Illinois

1. 2 acre, kidney shaped pond. 18 feet at deepest, most of it is 10-12 feet deep, with the shallower end at 8 or so feet.

2. From the peninsula in the middle part of the kidney, I have constructed and earthen under-water ridge all the way from it to the adjacent shoreline. It is appx. 5 feet high and will be appx. 6-8 feet underwater at full pool. Adjacent to the ridge will be various types of structure. Was trying to create the "fish highway" frequently talked about here.

3. A 20' x 60' Beach is currently being constructed at the southeast point of the pond. We will also add a dock with a 125-200 sq. ft. platform adjacent to the beach in the same SE part of the pond.

4. We will aerate the pond. Might pellet feed, not sure yet.
Depends on $.

5. Pond is fed by agricultural tiles and also by water gathered by a field waterway and settled out in a 1/4 acre silt basin that I just constructed last week. (Thanks PB posters for that idea).
Acreage for tiled water is appx. 30 acres. Runoff from waterway is the same 30 acres. Also 9 acres around property will drain toward pond.