Bill... you were right. Some of the logs are floating. cry Not much I can do about it other than hope and pray that a few of the bigger ones stay in place. Tire pyramids and cinder blocks would have definitely been a better choice.

For anyone interested... I've attached updated photos. I'm at about 1/3 to 1/2 full pool in these photos taken 2-3 weeks ago. With the recent rains, I'm hoping to see a 2/3 full pond when I drive up this weekend. smile

More background... besides the 5" rain we got a month ago, we drilled a 500 ft water well and I buried a 1 1/4" Sched 40 PVC pipe from the well, over the levee and to the pond. The water cascades over some limestone rip rap to aerate it a bit before it trickles into the pond. The pump is rated to 30 gpm. The well jetted 50 gpm for 2 hours after it was completed with about 7ppm total iron. eek After six weeks of 24/7 pumping, it started cavitating so I had to back it down. Right now, I've got it cruising along at about 6-8 gpm. cool I also tested the water after we drilled the well.

Original Pond - pH = 7.0; Alkalinity = 20
Well Water - pH = 6.5; Alkalinity = 60

It's holding water so far and I don't want to jinx it but guess I need to start thinking about stocking it now. grin

Attached Images
Copy of IMG_0487.JPG Copy of IMG_0488.JPG Copy of IMG_0491.JPG Copy of IMG_0493.JPG
Last edited by WingNuts; 11/06/14 06:08 PM. Reason: adding photos

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
- Doug Larson