Our Polaris 900 has holes in the side of the bed that most fishing rods will drop down into. Problem is, our shed is too low for the rod tips to sit up that high. The rods never fit in the bed right laying down. This 4 wheeler is our main pond fishing vehicle. Use it daily around the pond.

So I made up the following rod holders and thought they turned out good enough to share the pictures. The plastic rod holders are Cabellas branded. The board is a 2x3 cut on appropriate angle. The screws are deck screws and the PVC pipe is 3/4".

They work better than I imagined. Went together easy on first try. Pre drilled holes in the PVC pipe before installing screws in wood. A piece of square plastic would have been slicker than the wood but I had the wood laying around and got tired of not having rod holders so threw these together in a half hour or so.

The angle allows us to walk around behind the vehicle without hitting out heads on the rods, yet when I want to change lures or have a small fish on I can put the rod in the holder and let the line hang down instead of laying the rod down in random places like we used to. Works slick.

Pictures are pretty self explanatory, but if you have questions, just ask.

Attached Images
034.JPG 031.JPG 035.JPG 036.JPG 037.JPG 038.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 11/05/14 09:34 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine