Bought several books on solar power as in Solar Power you Home for Dummies, etc. etc. However the best one I have found so far is the Solar Power Electricity Handbook 2014 edition by Michael Boxwell. Got it for under $20.00 on Amazon with free shipping. Very well written and comprehensive and even gives ballpark figures for equipment etc for various projects. There is also a website you can go to make calculations.

The Dummies book is disappointingly out of date on some things.

I know a few people on here have been experimenting with powering diffuser aeration with solar modules, and I hope to be doing the same next year. I've also brought my watt hours down considerably by running my aquaponics system with an airlift, so using solar will be my next step. My goal is my outdoor aquaponics system will be off the grid completely along with my pond aeration. Hopefully as I gain more experience I can incorporate wind DIY with solar and go on to bigger and bigger projects. The book is so well written I can't put it down.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/02/14 09:42 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.