31 degrees here this morning headed down to 21 tonight....or so they say. Thus far today, the high has climbed to 44. Headed out in a few to plant ginseng, which is another reason I like cold weather. A lot of what we like to do depends on a substantial winter chill period.

Al, I hear you on the brush pile issue. Truly a simple pleasure if there ever was one. I guess for me, the harshness of winter actually brings with it a certain satisfaction. I have friends and family that usually escape the cold by heading south for the winter, and a few of them seem to delight in issuing regular weather forecasts from their supposed semi-tropical slices of paradise, in the mistaken belief that those unfortunate souls left behind are suffering. And quite honestly, I'm sure that some are. But not this guy....as I tell them, "I'm not here because I have to be, I'm here because I choose to be"

Certainly there are those folks who benefit in some fashion from escaping the cold weather, and I'm happy for them. But on the other hand, I was taught that patience is an admirable trait, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and having to wait makes one appreciate the thing that much more when it finally arrives. And that is exactly what winter is to me. I'm not a big fan of the instant gratification society that surrounds me, and believe that some who choose to see and act on only the negatives associated with cold weather are actually missing a big part of picture.

I don't want to be able to take the boat out 52 weeks out of the year, or work on my tan right after eating Thanksgiving dinner, or go play a round of golf on New Year's day.

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. I personally don't believe that means all season long, nor all of the time. smile

Anyway, just my take on things. For those who choose differently, well that's how it should be in the first place. Being able to choose is something not to be taken lightly.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.