FF, perhaps your definition of "Carrying Capacity" is different. Typically, Carrying Capacity pertains to the average pounds of fish any given BOW can support, NATURALLY. That means, non-aerated, unfed, and unmanaged. Any human intervention changes "carrying capacity' toward more maximum socking densities, BOD capacity, management capability and more, but it is no longer related to the "carrying capacity" of the pond once it becomes an unnatural assistance....

Every natural pond has a constantly changing carrying capacity based on temperature changes, nutrient availability, BOD changes during different seasons (temp changes) and an almost infinite list of variables.

I routinely maintained my Blue Tilapia fingerlings in aquariums at a stocking density exceeding 300 inches per gallon.....I also used bio-filtration that could handle the load, diffused pure oxygen and multiple solids filtration units that often required cleaning twice daily.....When a power outage hit, I had to move fast to hook up a generator!!!

Last edited by Rainman; 10/30/14 05:49 PM.