I have actually thought about adding HSB, but won't they further lean on the forage base similar to additional SMB? I know they are much easier to keep on pellets then the SMB will be so I assume they may not be as tough on the forage as Smallies would be? If they'll be similar I'd probably prefer to add SMB instead. I could add a few of them to at least try, but to be honest they don't really fit into my vision for the pond. I really like SMB!! They would have to be my favorite fresh water fish by far!

I'm definitely not ruling the HSB out, but I think I'll hold off for now and see how things are going in a couple years.

The HBG are probably not going to be much of a consideration for me ( sorry spark). Ive heard they bite swimmers horribly and my wife would not like that at all! Also I just don't like the looks of the things... They look too much like green sunfish to me and I personally dislike them. Now the the RBS is a different story... Those are beautiful fish! If I was sure they would not over populate and stunt I'd be real interested. I wasn't aware that they we're fall spawners. That's definitely an interesting fact! Anyone know if they bite swimmers similar to BG?

I really appreciate you guys and all the compliments and interest in the pond, but I really owe it to all to you guys. Every bit of success I may enjoy will come directly from the knowledge I've gained from this site.

I agree that the end result for us with the pond will be extremely rewarding and it's awesome to see a dream take shape!