He says that he observed...... That's not evidence. And, I'm not one to underestimate Mama Nature.

Read Sparkplugs 3rd paragraph. And that's not even 1/2 of the requirements for viability.

About 10 years ago, this question came up on this Forum. So I tried it. Since I couldn't get my hands on a wild duck during BG spawning season, I bought a plain white duck at the local flea market. I euthanized(killed) it and cut the feet off. I had a pretty active BG nesting area. So I waded out and waited for the water to clear. That took awhile. Then I carefully stuck the duck foot into and around the eggs. Nada! I tried it on another nest with the same results. Then I soaked the foot for awhile and tried again with the same results. The gelatonous eggs didn't adhere. Actually, when I carefully submerged the foot, the eggs kinda moved away from the intrusion.

Now, I realize that my attempt is not scientific experimenting and/or even meets proper sampling criteria. It would have to be done thousands of times and each attempt logged. I am not aware of any scientific study of the situation. And, at that time I looked.

I'm not going to say that it can't be done. But I see no way that it can be cause of all or even a tiny fraction of the bird/fish eggs reports. I will say that I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that no person can make it stick, transport it get a successful hatch and scientifically record it. Until that happens, I'll just say BS.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP