Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
There will be a dilemma. Be aware that in one acre the intense fishing and removal of the most aggressive individuals will result in fewer and fewer being caught as time passes. The remaining bass will be relatively hook smart. Some of those will be rarely if ever caught. You are selectively harvesting the dumbest fish leaving behind the fish less likely to bite. Your angling skills will have to become refined as time passes. Generally the bass angling catch per unit effort (CPUE)will not improve until new individuals are added.

Bill hit this right on the head!! I have a 1 acre pond with BG, RES, a few HSB and LMB. Most of the time the only way I can catch my larger bass now is with a live BG. They will get smart fast! Unless you starve them to death then maybe you can catch them! LOL... I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I will have fun catching my BG and if I get a bass or HSB every now and then I am happy! To many times I have tried to go to my pond to just bass fish and get very frustrated that I cant catch bass in my own dang pond!!!

I found though that it's not me, it's just them bass getting pretty darn smart on me...

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!