Originally Posted By: 10x
Fair enough - here is a brief overview of what I need help with:

I want the new pond to be a place to ice skate in the winter (really no planning here), canoe or kayak (again no planning), swimming (maybe some planning), but mostly for a good bass fishing pond mixed with some nice bluegill.

Aeration forum (either of them) and Types of fish to choose.

It is currently filling with water and has a long way to go. I know I will want to place structure in it and I am making an assortment now. Where to place structure is a question.

Creating Habitat

I also like to stock it by catching from other places I fish when the season is open (has worked very well for the little pond) but I realize I need food established first so another big question is how to go about this in the best way.

Types of fish to choose and Creating the food chain.
Thanks again!
Dan

As a preamble, stocking that 1 ac pond like you stocked the small pond probably won't work as well as you'd like it to, or it will take so much of your time that you wouldn't want to do it that way once you find out the amount of fish you really, really need to stock. There are other reasons, but those can be explained in the appropriate thread. wink

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).