Originally Posted By: fish n chips
Simply put, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!

That is true. I remembered earlier today that a guy at work bought a 40 acre parcel that's almost all wetlands for practically nothing. He wanted it for deer hunting and to escape the zoo.

He built a small basic cabin on it for weekend getaways and such. One thing he did not realize at the time when he purchased this, is the property is smack dab in the middle of one of the worst red neck areas in MI you could possibly find. He's had no end of trouble with the locals that he won't even go there anymore.

When he told me this about this time last year, I just said, "welcome to the jungle" and being a property owner north of M46. He was in a really bad area tho. My brother bought some property on a lake up in that area. Put a double wide on it, built a little shop. After living up there for a couple years, the neighbors torched it while he was at my parents house in GR. I was there when he got the call. He said he was afraid something was going to happen. Those crazy people! (I could tell you what he really said, but that would be banned camp for sure) Anyway, he split after that.