Having looked back over this thread, it was your forage pond getting flooded and messing up your perfect plan that made me be aware of the possibility in my forage pond. My elevation of the forage pond, like yours, is so close to the main pond that a big rain event could back the big pond up into the forage pond.

So I was very careful in the planning of the overflow tube so this hopefully will not happen. It still could, but it will take a Noah type flood in which worries will be on things other than my forage pond if it happens.

So what I am trying to say, is thanks for documenting your pond progress on this thread. It likely will keep me from having the same flooding problem you had. PBF member helping another PBF member by sharing information.

My sediment pond will also be a forage pond till a too large rain event happens. It was just too close to the same elevation and fed by a terrace that tops the very top of a hill there was no way I could design it to not get it flooded some day when we have 12 inches of rain in 48 hours, which we will again some day. But till that happens, it is raising CNGB and RES and FHM.

I hope my thread documenting my forage pond will likewise help someone out some day.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine