Originally Posted By: loretta
What I want to know when deciding on a feed is where the ingredients are sourced. I know in dog food this is important if quality is a concern. The quality or lack of quality for ingredients can make a huge difference when it comes to nutrition. I don't trust anything from China and a lot of cheap bulk vitamins are sourced from China.

The idea of a homemade diet for fish is great but another feed with processed (rendered) ingredients doesn't excite me. Fresh is better. I want a recipe for fresh (or frozen) fish food. wink

I won't buy or use anything from Southeast Asia. You and me think alike when it comes to ingredients. Omega Protein whole fish meal caught or raised in the Gulf of Mexico. The only problem with getting Omega's ethoxyquin free meal is you have to buy 1.5 tons for them to make a run. In my aquarium fish food venture at this point I can't use that much before it goes bad. Did you know most paprika contains ethoxyquin?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.