All fat is either used for energy or stored

Starch Waste: Gamefish 20.9 - 20 = .9% waste

Aquamax 31.7 - 20 = 11.7% waste

All Fiber is passed Gamefish .8% waste

Aquamax 4% waste

Ash is used at around 7% - 8% Gamefish 10.9 - 7.5 = 3.4% waste

Aquamax 11 - 7.5 = 3.5% waste

Total Waste: Gamefish 9.5% waste Aquamax 21.6% waste

That's better. Waiting on fish meal prices from my local co-op. This formula is closer to the Purina 50% protein food.

I think adding more protein might not make a difference to the fish. I found this article that says rainbow trout showed no growth differences when fed diets with protein contents of 41% and 56.5%. If there are no growth differences then the fish aren't utilizing all the digestible protein they are fed. The abstract says "These results indicate that the limit to which rainbow trout can metabolize protein to increase growth may have already been reached, and that any future increases in protein in commercial feeds may not affect the growth rates."

What the fish don't utilize becomes waste. So, the feed with the higher protein content will have more wasted protein. Protein waste is expensive waste. This may be why Purina chooses to use the amount of protein they do.

Carnivores up to large juveniles/young adults benefit from the 50% protein food. From your source and other sources that I have read once carnivores are adults 40% protein is fine. Where do you put the 10% that you removed? You have already maxed or exceeded your starch. If your goal is putting weight on the fish the only option that doesn't lead to more waste is fat. As I stated earlier excess energy (starch, sugar and fat) leads to fatty liver condition and fat stored around the organs. At some point the fat covered cells in the liver begin dying. Once all of the cells die the liver shuts down and I am pretty sure you can figure out the rest. However this process does take quite some time to play out.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.