All fat is either used for energy or stored

Starch Waste: Gamefish 20.9 - 20 = .9% waste

Aquamax 31.7 - 20 = 11.7% waste

All Fiber is passed Gamefish .8% waste

Aquamax 4% waste

Ash is used at around 7% - 8% Gamefish 10.9 - 7.5 = 3.4% waste

Aquamax 11 - 7.5 = 3.5% waste

Total Waste: Gamefish 9.5% waste Aquamax 21.6% waste

That's better. Waiting on fish meal prices from my local co-op. This formula is closer to the Purina 50% protein food.

How do you know fish will utilize 20% of the starch? I'm a dog food foodie and know a little bit about nutrition for dogs but really nothing about fish. I would like to learn more, do you have a reference for this?

Carl Strohmeyer who has forgotten more about fish nutrition than I will ever know gave me the about 20% number. This came from a study done years ago. I didn't push him to dig out the source as he has health issues and is still trying to make a living in our tough economy. Read this article, Its very good and where I got my start making fish food. http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/quality_fish_food.html

I break fish out into three categories: Carnivores have short digestive tracts so they can extract the least amount of energy from starch. Omnivores have medium length digestive tracts which allows them to extract more energy from starch. Most fish considered scavengers are omnivores. Herbivores have very long digestive tracts which allows them to extract nearly all if not all of the energy from starch. Keep in mind that all fish are opportunistic feeders and will eat anything they can catch.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.