Originally Posted By: esshup
1) RW (or WR) 14" LMB that weighs 1# 7.2 oz or 1.45 pounds. 103.5% WR 100% is average, so it's neither stunted or exceptional.
2) 12" LMB 14.6 oz .9125# 114% WR It is getting plenty to eat.
3) 11" 9.2 oz. My RW chart starts at 12", and the fish at 12" should be .8 pound or 12.8 ounces.

It's hard to see a trend from a sample size of 1, but you get the idea. Catch more and report, or take a look at the relative weight chart yourself. http://www.fish.state.pa.us/images/pages/fishin1/weightlength3.pdf

With the small sample size, I hate to make a recommendation on whether the pond is LMB stunted or not. But, from the size of the BG that you say are in there, I'm leaning towards saying that it's in the beginning stage of stunting. The LMB weigh enough to get to 14", maybe an inch or so longer, but then they have to expend more calories catching food than they are getting per mouthful. If the 14" or larger LMB are running under 100 RW, then I'd start by removing 30# of LMB 11" or larger this year per surface acre.

I will have to gather more information so you can get a better idea of whats going on. I will suck it up and go catch more bass.

I will also consult with the owners and see which way they want to go. From previous conversations they have kids over quite often and mentioned catching bluegill from the dock.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.