Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
It didn't fly in 1964 either. The CO told us in a big meeting to report any DI that physically struck us. He added that if we were screwing up and he kicked us in the butt, he didn't want to hear about it.

My Dad was career military so I had been raised on Army and USAF posts/bases. So, at 21 YOA, I pretty well knew the score and how to conduct myself. Other than being 4 years behind when starting a career, I have absolutely no regrets about joining. Being from Fort Worth and Muleshoe, Texas I had never met people of different backgrounds. There were Scandanavians, Italians, Cajuns, Jews, etc. I don't think I had ever even met a Catholic. It opened my eyes to a lot of things.

My dad was career military too. We moved so much I attended four highs schools and God knows how many schools before that. One I went to near Detroit in the early 70's had a race riot just before I got there. Yee Hah!

I feel like the character in the Jack Reacher novels when asked how long he was in the military. He says all his life. They ask how can that be. He says I was born in the military. LOL

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/14/14 12:38 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.