Originally Posted By: snrub
What good eating bullheads look like.

Half of it is CC, the other half BH on each plate. I can tell after biting in which is which by looking at the meat. The BH is a little darker. But I would be hard pressed to be fed one or the other and be able to tell which one it was.

Not pictured...... the home made biscuits that went with the plate of fish. Yummmm. Sure glad I married a good cook. And the fact that she cleaned the fish too............. I'm a lucky guy and life is good.

Edit: forgot to mention the home made apple pie made from apples off our tree for desert. Not that I'm bragging............ ok, well I am just a little. grin

You're making me very hungry! Your a lucky man to have a wife that's a good cook and even clean's fish! I wish we all were so lucky.

I've read the "The muddy taste in fish comes from a chemical produced by algae and cyanobacteria, and is strongest in the summer months. The chemical is called methylisoborneol."

One way I've found to give fish a cleaner taste in the summer months is by unloading them after a day of catching, in an ice chest with ice & clean water, enough to cover the fish and keep for at least 24 hrs. After a day or 2 in ice water I clean them. Make sure you keep an eye on the ice. Fish in most waters are better in the cold of winter. When I clean the fish and before freezing the fillets, I put a little lemon juice in the bags before I freeze em. They never have a muddy taste.

Another trick I've read about, but haven't tried is soaking the fillets in 7 Up for a time before cooking. Can't say for sure how well it works? I haven't tried it, but it sounds good.