Originally Posted By: JamieE
Cecil, thats a pretty good gross on a 1/10 of an acre! Sounds like quite the indoor setup and the type of control you could have would be well worth your efforts it sounds like. How big of a pole building are you looking to build?

Not exactly sure yet as I am still working on tank sizes and placement.

My systems will be run entirely on air (airlifts) and I'll use Intex pools for tanks to save money. We have shrimp producers in Indiana that have been using them indoors with no issues.

I will have to have most of the vertical riser tubes under ground level to eliminate lift to each tank and maximize flow. And each tank will have a center drain also under ground. If I do it right I should be able to run the system on very low wattage. The Belgians are moving 66 gpm of water in their koi ponds on 10 watts of electricity using air lifts and air only. They use 20 lpm air pumps that are rated at 10 watts. If I can get by on 10 watts for each 15 foot diameter tank that will be an incredible savings vs. water pumps.

I've already had some experience with an airlift with my summer aquaponics system. The best part is they can be easily built.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/07/14 10:24 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.