Essup, there was supposed to be 3000 papershells in 15 boxes at 200 to a box. I counted a couple of the boxes and there were on average an extra 50 per box so Im estimating 3750. I also added some from the creek to bring the total to close to 4000.

You can see the structure I added in this thread in the pics back on page 1. Also the areal pic at the top of this page. Its a mix of concrete, rip rap and gravel. The gravel is all the way around the pond and ranges in size from 3" to 8" with most of it being in between those 2 sizes. Its only about 3' wide however. Given the smaller size of this gravel i didnt expect much use by the cray fish but they seem to disappear in it quite well.

We added about 140 ton of large concrete chunks that were dumped in 20 ton piles in 8-13' of water scattered around the pond.

The rip rap I got cheap from a local quarry and its a mix of gravel all the way up to chunks as big as a truck hood, but most of it is 6-12" chunks. This rock was dumped in 15 different piles about 50-100' apart all the way around the banks of the pond. Each pile was 10-20 ton of rip rap. After dumping the rip rap into piles I pushed the piles out perpendicular to the banks and connecting several of them to the larger piles of concrete in deep water. So the rip rap ended up being kind of an under water peninsula 10' to 20' wide and 30' long by a couple feet deep.

In addition to this Ive picked up some used concrete chunks from here and there and have covered about 75'long strip of bank by about 8'wide on a western point. Also have scattered out several small stacks of concrete on the south side in between some of the rip rap peninsulas.

I think were up to 650+ ton of rock added thus far. I just hope its enough to sustain a good number of crayfish for a long term forage for the SMB.

Last edited by JamieE; 09/26/14 08:28 AM.