I took a walk in the woods Sunday evening. Only lost the top of one Oak, maybe 18" dia. So, that will need cutting up. Last evening I pulled down the top of a Black Locust that was hung up in a neighbors back yard. He's got 2 small boys and doesn't have a chainsaw nor anything to deal with the trees or branches. Everything now is small enough that he can move it to a pile and burn it. The boys can play in the yard now without having to worry about something falling on them. There's still two smaller trees that are being held up by other trees, and we'll have to take those down before they land on his house. But, they are held pretty solidly, and they are only 8" or so in diameter.

I still hear chainsaws at all hours of the day, and yesterday I drove to Valpariso to meet a friend for dinner. There's still a lot of storm damage that needs to be cleaned up, I'm guessing that it'll take a week or longer in the area around Wanatah. I heard that there were fields of corn that was just laid flat by the winds. Hopefully the farmers have insurance because I don't know how they'd get the corn up off of the ground. Some rows of corn that were next to US30 that were still standing were just stalks with an ear of corn on them - all the leaves were stripped away in the wind.

The county maintenance crews are still busy, there are areas where the trees were just cut back to the white lines on the edge of the roads right after the storm and are still laying there. If someone isn't paying attention they'll hit the end of the tree trunk.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).