I feel your pain Ken. We get the lip service for aquaculture research and promoting aquaculture but the funding is not there.

A university in my state is the premier agriculture university. They had 20 million dollars bequethed to them, and were going to use some of the funds to get an aquaculture facilitator in the state, but it never happened. I knew it would go elsewhere as we've been there before. Lots of competition for money and politics at universities.

The university also terminated a course guide for aquaculture in the high school FFA classes. And they have some great people working in aquaculture at the university but the program pales in comparison to other universities and comes under the heading of Forestry. Trees, pigs, beef, poultry have a much higher priority even though aquaculture is the fastest growing segment of agriculture. Go figure.

My role as president of the state aquaculture association was an exercise in futility. Sure glad someone else is doing it.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 09/22/14 05:05 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.