That makes sense. Most of the smaller trophy bass lakes/reservoirs here that are under 200 acres only seem to have big carp with few in between.

These reservoirs have a very unbalanced ecosystem and I believe a lot has to do with the appetites of the largemouth bass and common trout/catfish plants. Trout plants occur from fall to early summer. During these times bass gorge on these fish. Then from summer through fall catfish are planted. Based on most of the people I've spoken with over the years these fisheries have lost their BG and Crappie populations due to predation and low water years. I'd say the latter had more of an impact but they both seem to go hand in hand since cover can become scarce. Much like the carp there is a significant gap in size range with the bass. Very few 3-8lb fish. But once you get over 8lbs there seems to be a decent population of similar sized bass that hunt in packs throughout the year. There can be anywhere from 3-6 fish in a pack. I've seen 16-18lb bass even swimming along with the carp schools using them as cover. These put n' take fisheries seem to always be out of balance.