Originally Posted By: Clay White
CJ my pond we widened out the edges where the creek was originally flowing and we kinda damned up a little as well. That's kinda what I was thinking I have heard of them stocking them a lot in lakes but I was just kinda wanted to make sure. What I was worried about was them competing against lmb.

George yea that is a pretty good point but we have drought problem every year it's just how bad haha. I have been delivering 500 gallons at a time down there to keep as much water in it as I can but it's slow going to say the least haha.
To the water well question actually the land the creek is located on the people that had the land before my grand parents they had an irrigation system installed so I'm trying to get my uncle to come help me pull the well so we can replace the pump so I can just use it to try and fill the creek whenever needed. Also on our land right before the creek there is 70 feet bluff that drops off and then goes to the creek. The water table must be really low right there cause about half way down you can see where the water comes out of the ground and helps feed the creek with water also.
Yea I'm know Overton's is about the closest I went there to get my bluegill back in July I got 250 bluegill and I think I had 2 of them die. They were in the bags for 8 hours I was pleasantly surprised. Will the hsb be as forgiving for the long drive back as the bluegill were or not?
As for goals I'm just looking for a nice place to go fishing I'm not looking for trophy fish just catch several fish and have a place to relax at and spend time with my family. I would say my pond is about 1/4 acre and average depth is probably 5 feet and max depth is 10 feet.

Clay, I have been dealing with Todd since he went into the fish business - I believe I was his first customer...yes the HSB will make the trip just fine - I have never lost a fish that came from Overton's boxed with O2!

Only CNBG in pond presently and no predators?
If so, best of both worlds - you can stock fingerling HSB and in future grow them out in creek with a net as Ewest has done.
I would put a feeder in the creek and another on pond - fun fishing!
Todd will advise - good folks!
G/

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)