Thanks Bill. Glad to hear the plant is beneficial. They look nice. Maybe if I leave them alone they will start to spread on their own.

I was delighted tonight to see our 4 mo old puppy Scout suddenly notice the GBH and start running after him/her. The whole family came out on the front step to congratulate Scout and shower him with praise as he happily trotted back. He seemed to grow an inch. Later I noticed him sitting down by the pond and anything that moved at the waters edge or in the water he immediately went to investigate. Who knows, maybe there is hope and he will start to 'protect' the pond for us.

I noted that in the evening the water surface shows tons of little ripples, the minnows must be feeding. I never see the GSH, they must stay hidden all the time.

what is the best time to see the tilapia since I don't have a feeder to bring them to the surface?

I've tried turning my large light on at night to see if I can see more fish that way but that didn't help much either.

I imagine I'll only see the tilapia when they are belly up here in the next week or so due to dropping water temps.