I can understand that logic. But is there really that much expended energy for the bass if the BG are stacked in there so thick that they stunt. I mean it would seem to me that the reason that they are stunted is bc they are everywhere.... wouldn't the LMB just need to turn around to eat. So, for example if you stocked 2-3000 BG in a 2 acre pond (plus other various forage species) then you allowed one spawning season for the BG and then added 60 Female LMB (33:1-50:1 recommended stocking for a regular "trophy" bass pond) You of course could/should add other predators, but we're just talking about LMB growth here. So, after a few more BG spawns, when the LMB get large enough to start eating the BG they start with the smaller ones and move up in sizes of BG. Well, its been a few years now and now you have several 5lb bass and the BG have spawned a dozen or more times and are now stunted wouldn't the bass just have to turn around to eat? Even though some of her meals are smaller than what she needs, how much energy would she really expend chasing something that is so abundant.

Last edited by stang00; 09/12/14 08:34 AM.