Well lets see that's a good question about the 4 inch BG instead of the 7 or 8 inch.

Why couldn't they just catch 2, 4inch BG and be just as happy right?

Well large LMB don't like to expel any more engery than they have to so the question becomes how big would they get if they are having to double there effort to catch 2, 4 inch BG instead of 1, 7 inch BG. I really can't answer that to a tee but here is what I think.

I think you could still have some nice size bass yes but I don't think they would ever reach there full potential in this type of case.

Another wards you could have a lot of nice 5 to 6 pound bass maybe even 7 pound but you may never get to the 8 plus because of all the energy said bass has to use to catch his meal twice. Plus you have to figure sometimes he isnt always going to get a 4 inch BG it might be 3 inch or 2.5 inch.... And that just won't cut it for a bass that is already 5 or 6 pounds. You will end up with some having the big head and small body issue. Someone please feel free to correct if I am wrong.

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!