Hmmm that was an interesting artical for sure. Like DD1 says though. If your using CNBG for forage and they reproduce like crazy but if all your bass are 5 plus pounds mostly what is gonna eat the 2 to 3 inch BG??? Could it be that those BG would get to be at least 5 inches long if there was a LOT of them and they would be perfect size for 20 inch bass?

It doesn't add up. A 5 pound bass is about 21 inches long and if a bass can eat 1/3 it's length your talking about needing a bunch of 7 inch BG just for that 1, 5 pound bass. And lets say your got 20, 5 pound bass in your pond. How are you gonna keep up that forage base? Large Shad maybe??

Here is one problem I see in all of this. If you have SOOOOO much food in your pond for these bass to grow SOOOO large why do they need to take your bait at all??? I know some bass bite on instink but if there full to the gills from all the forage in the pond why even bother to come get your buzzbait or your frog or worm.....

Here ia perfect example of what I am talking about. I fed my CNBG all summer twice a day. AM600

Well we caught a few here and there and some small ones, but the bite was hard and if you had a bobber on you almost never got a bite except tiny stuff. Keep in mind this is in a 1 acre pond. I am sure this could very depending on pond size!

Fast forward to last month. I went to my pond and my feeder was out of food it had been out for a few weeks.

Had the best DANG day fishing for CNBG I ever had bobber and all!! I was catching 8 to 10 inch BG like crazy!! Why??? Because they were HUNGRY!! They hadn't been fed in 3 weeks.

I would think that would be the same thing with bass. (Maybe I am wrong) Yes you can get them to bite from time to time while feeding them, but take away there easy food once and see what happens! FISH ON!!! It's a 2 edged sword IMO.

If you give them tons of food to eat they grow big but it's much harder to catch them.

If you hold back on what they eat then they don't grow of even start to go backwards in weight, but you can catch them much easier.

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!