@RC51 if I could flood the 11acres and keep .1 for my little island house I would, would be fishing all day haha but yeah def want a 2-5 acre lake. That would be awesome!

@Bob Lusk - Thanks Bob, I am not quite sure how to determine watershed I thinking the low lying area of the property would be around 2-4 acres ... How do you accurately measure watershed? A typo map? I've included one that I found online and edited it to show where the land would be in relation to it..
Or is that something someone has to come out and survey? There seems to be a creek that runs right through that area and from talking to neighbors I think its partially underground. Don't know but the area is part of a creek even though it seems to be dried up. I will def order that book as there is a lot to learn when planning a pond much less building one.

@Zep Thanks for the references I will reach out to them.

@esshup - Just my initial thoughts, I hear in 1 or 2 generations they grow back to normal size anyways.. I think a lot of my ideas will change the more I listen to experience on here. ha.
Thx!

The creek you see is dried up or underground..is a slightly marshy in that area through the land and covered with trees.

Last edited by 3z3k3l; 02/21/15 11:09 AM.