@RC 51 - "10 pounders yeah that's what I was afraid of when you said trophy. I don't think I have heard or met anyone out here on this site that has produced 10 pound bass in a 1 acre pond?" - What is weird is that I have caught a 9lb bass (multiple times) out of a golf course pond near my house that was maybe half an acre...(clipped his fins so I knew if I caught him again) so I assumed I would be able to grow a 10 lber out of mine...but yeah I def realize there would be a limited number of them there..I guess having one or 2 there would be just as exciting too. ha

@mpc - I was told that Kaufman area was dry for wells, that there was no water there? I like the idea of a well, I'll have to look into it. Although it looks like this area gets a lot of water when it rains, it just doesn't hold it because it looks like it would only be a swamp...(I'll get some pictures shortly). I'm curious to see if I dug it out and did a rain dance if it wouldn't hold more water?

@catmandoo - Thanks for the info, I have several issues of Pond boss and read countless posts so far, but I do need to renew my subscription... Got a lot more reading and planning to do. Thanks for the advice.

@Davidson1 " The problem is that big predators need big food; not a lot of small food. A 5 pound bass needs a bunch of 7 to 8 inch or larger bluegills."
I thought about that as well, that is why I was thinking shad and shiner, don't both get shad get 3-4 inches and shiner about 6 inches..heck I'll throw in in gizzard shad at 12 inches to keep him full haha but I know that may be a very large biomass..and I don't expect them all to survive but I would think that one of them would be able to thrive...My thought process was if bass had more options of food choices, there would be a better success rate at eating/growth...I.e if he just had bg vs having shad, shiner, bg, frogs, tilapia, heck even trout in the winter... but I guess I should do a bit more research on that. Thx!

@Zep, North, right outside of Forney.

Would love to catch a few fish like this from the pond...

Also here is the plat with a 3d view of the watershed..think it should get some good water...

Attached Images
photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG
Last edited by 3z3k3l; 02/21/15 11:03 AM.