Well, the dam is complete (almost) you can see my Ranger sitting on the dam, if you look closely.

View from the dam, back along the western edge, shows the drop off and the soil type we were working with.

The Sheepsfoot roller shot craps, as we were finishing closing up the "notch" left open during construction, in case of rain. It worked "ok" until the last of this crucial section. Oh well.. It did have problems with rocks getting stuck in the rollers fairly often. It would then jam up and the rollers wouldn't turn. Finally one of the pivot shafts that was holding the left roller in place snapped. More than likely due to rocks jamming it up repeatedly.

This view shows the rocky clay we had to work with on the east side.

I'll try to get a few more uploaded showing the bottom of the pond.. I'm a bit concerned that a soft spot we hit, will turn out to be a seep. It at the pond' slowest spot.
Is there a possibility that the natural silting in of the pond will "self seal" this seep, in case it reverses flow with pressure, and starts to seep out?
Thanks
Jeff

Last edited by SetterGuy; 09/02/14 10:56 AM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023