This is a project that I have been working on quite passionately for 6 seasons now. A lot of failures along the way but some, IMHO, good discoveries too. I just wanted to use this thread as a documenting place for the project and a possible learning tool for others. Myself and my neighbor, with a lot of learning here on PondBoss, are breaking or at least pushing many paradigms of growing fish here in the frozen state of MN. We are pushing the size, depth, water location, and types of fish with the use of this very simple system.

The system pictured here was installed last weekend. Its the second system now running and I will be documenting its success or failure through out this year. Our goal has been;
1) Raise and carry most fish native to MN over winter within a body of water less than 1/2 acre with an average depth of 6' or less.
2) Do it with a very simple aeration system that could be set up and run anywhere in MN.

The last two seasons, with test pond one, were our first successes. Can we keep doing it?...Who knows.

Test pond two, pictured here, is .2 acres with an average depth of 5'. The aerator is a 150W panel with the compressor and electronics pictured. This is the entire system. Direct pumping with no batteries. It is pushing 1-1.5CFM for an average of 8hrs/day (summer) and average of 5hrs/day (winter). This pond has been stocked with LMB,BG,YP,GSF,FHM,WE.