Go at night and spray the entry hole with a product called perm up. http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld5MK013.pdf

You probably need a license to buy it, maybe you know someone who has one? It's the same as Pounce, but a lot less expensive.

With I'll put 3-4 fl. oz. in a 2 1/2 gallon pump up sprayer along with 8 oz. of malathion. Douse the area good, then run like you know what.

There is a residual that will work for a while too, but you might have to hit a few times to get 'em all.

Last year I felt like I DID have a target on my back. I was nailed by bees twice and a bald faced hornet once. I was walking thru a patch of clover with sandals on and just as I thought to myself "self, you better watch where you're walking, you are liable to get a bee inside the sandal and it ain't going to be a happy camper" I felt one crawling on my foot. I couldn't get the sandal off quick enough!

2nd time I was driving down the road with the windows down. I felt something hit my upper arm (that was covered by the short sleeved shirt) and I watched a honeybee roll down my arm, trying to sting as it rolled over and over. Before I could react quick enough to shake it off my arm I got nailed on the forearm. Nothing to do except get the knife out and scrape the stinger/poison sac off my arm.

I was doing some tree injection work and it felt like someone wound up and hit the back of my upper thigh with a baseball bat. Couldn't see what nailed me, but it hurt like the dickens, the back of my leg got red and swelled up for about 6"-8" all around where I got nailed. I hobbled around for 3 days. When the leaves started falling from the trees I noticed a bald faced hornet nest in the tree that I was chopping wth the roofing hatchet to inject with poison. If someone was beating on your house you'd be mad too!

Last edited by esshup; 09/01/14 09:44 PM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).