Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: john kelsey
How big of a air pump are you using?

I believe he said 80lpm, 60 watts. Look at what he typed under the last picture.

Cecil, I'm amazed. It looks good! How much of a PITA will it be to winterize it so nothing freezes/cracks during the winter?

Easy. All the plumbing comes apart with Fernco connectors. I didn't fill in the trench until I upgrade to a larger diameter airlift riser, but if I did the airlift would pump out the water.

The siphon pulls out and the drums have either a drain or the airlift pumps out the moving bed tank. The raft tank has two drains.

The plastic media is scooped out with a gallon ice cream contain with large holes drilled in the bottom and added to an existing moving bed filter.

I'll probably drain and tarp the raft tank, and drain and tarp the fish tank or just drain bring it into the garage and set it on top of the boat. Everything comes apart easily. The fish tank has a bottom center drain too.

The blocks stay right where they are! Remember what a PITA it was to move the at the aquaculture show?! I don't do windows and I no longer move blocks!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 09/01/14 03:30 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.