Originally Posted By: sprkplug

An aluminum jonboat that always had plenty of room for two anglers and their gear, will become unbearably cramped once a large, ticked off snapper is taken on as a passenger. VERY true. As an interesting sidenote however, wildly flailing oars will do an admirable job of aeration, provided any water is left in the pond. And jonboats can achieve planing speed under human power, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I don't doubt this at all. I do know that snappers can induce super human feats.
I was fishing a small stream once. Had to cross through a patch of canary grass to get to the stream. As I walked thru I noticed a rock that I could use for my next step. When I stepped on it it seemed odd, kind soft and not very firm on the ground. As I looked down I noticed the snappers head swing up and back towards my foot. I doubt it could reach me but the sudden realization the the rock was a big snapper caused me to do what my fishing partner described as the "Worlds oddest looking standing long jump".

Another time I was wading a river fishing a slow deep corner. Felt a bump on the back off my leg. Looked down to see a snapper swimming away. No need to do anything as he was swimming away, but still, it gave me the shivers.