On tractors.

2 bales of hay, next to a building. Notice a bug flying towards the bales. Go closer for a better look. Immediately start backpedaling rapidly. Seems that YellowJackets decided to hollow out the inside of one or both of the bales and make a nest. Cant burn it, it's right next to a building. Spray? I doubt that I'd get all the larvae in the nest.

Enclosed cab on the tractor.... Hmmmmm........ It's sealed pretty tight, A/C can keep it cool. There's a pile of branches that need to be burned...

O.K. Grabbed the bales of hay with the grapple bucket. They were NOT happy, I repeat NOT happy! I wonder how many stingers got bent as they tried to zap the tractor?? grin The bales now reside on top of the burn pile. I'll wait a few days for the cloud to subside, and hopefully all the others that were out foraging to find their new home. Then torch the pile after dark and they are all inside. There was a slot in the bale of hay about 2" high and 1" wide where they made an entry. I have no idea how large the nest was, but there were 100's of yellow jackets flying around the tractor and the bucket.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).