Latest photos...

I have to admit my plans were ambitious. A $500 load of rip rap just doesn't go very far. eek I still want to add more tree trunks and root balls if I can find some and I intend to add a lot of brush (cedar trees) in strategic locations. I took Snrub's advice and bought some metal posts to drive into the tops of the submerged islands for mooring points. I forgot to take photos of the spawning areas mad but I added gravel and brush to create a "highway" from the first spawning area to the old pond basin. I threw in a pallet for the FHM when the time comes. I'll do the same for the second spawning area next time around.

It doesn't look like much but, after taking some time out to finish a stretch of fence, I spent about 10-12 hours on the bobcat. And, there's a lot more open space I could have filled if I hadn't run out of materials.

It's football season so it may be a while before I get back to it but more to come later... smile

Attached Images
Piles along Dam (1024x768).jpg Rock-Brush Piles (1024x377).jpg Sculpted Dirt Mounds (1024x768).jpg Submerged Island 1 (1024x768).jpg Submerged Island 2 (1024x768).jpg

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
- Doug Larson