Need some insight.
Excavated, enlarged, reshaped existing pond (created from former owner who was excavating sand and didn't take care of). Downhill side edges are lined with blue clay. Have pump n dump geo - well water (mine and neighbors) feeding pond water. Have a control water leveling system.

Current depths: 17' (1/2) and 9' (1/2) separated by a path created while trucking out blue clay (about 5' deep).

Can lower level 3ft if needed. Still has about 4' to fill to be to desired level.

This week I noticed algae starting to form on the outer edges. Looks like it's a chara algae???

I've read a bunch of posts... too many items to decipher. Any insight with first steps would be great.

We've had a lot of rain within last week and it's been hot and humid. I'm guessing some of the fertilizer we put on our newly seeded lawn made its way to the pond. There is also grass/weeds along the edge that are now submerged in the water and more soon to be once water rises. I pulled a bunch out (roots and all). Also cut and removed some of the grass.

Goal: want a clear pond my kids can swim in.
Remedies:
1. How to get rid of the algae (now and preventative moving forward)?
- Chemicals? Plants? Dye?
2. Fish? I can get fish from DNR (bass, carp, blue gail). Unfortunately found out Talapia aren't an option living in Iowa.
3. How to best kill off grass/weeds on edges not under water?
4. Is putting rock along the outside edges the best? Any grasses/plants suitable?

Pond right now is a little over 1 acre, and will be about 1 1/2 when water is at full height.

Thanks in advance for your insight. Very much appreciated!!!!

Will post pictures once I figure out how too..