Robbl,
I don't think the pondboss members held back because of the quality of the images. I think the images came through fine and the reposted ones are very clear.

I am a relatively new member and appreciated the help others gave me so I'm hoping someone will come along soon in the meantime I'll make a stab at getting started.

I think the problem is the complexity of the diagrams and the specifics of how far you are into your pond planning are overwhelming most of us average pond owners.

Probably the details you have put in here are at the level that only someone who builds ponds for a living could really weigh in on this. They also would probably need to have an hour long conversation with you about your goals, your budget, and what the consultant you are working with has taught you already.

We can't give much advice about your soil without seeing it or having it studied.

I never heard that fish add to water clarity, I've heard about fish muddying up the water.

Also there are some good threads in the archives that demonstrate the fact that it is hard to have a pond for swimming and yet have the required nutrients for good fishing. It seems swimming and fishing holes have different construction and different management.

Hopefully you can ask some followup questions and some pond builders can weigh in as well.

Last edited by canyoncreek; 08/26/14 03:52 PM.