Wondering if I could get a little help trying to figure out Fertilizer vs Filamentous Algae.

We bought a place with a 1 acre pond last fall. It did not have any weed problems to speak of last year and surprisingly had a decent ecosystem established between LMB, Sunnies and CC.

I fertilized this year for the first time ever. I did my water tests etc. Everything was near where it was supposed to be as far as I could tell. We got great blooms but starting in July we've gotten a ton of filamentous algae (all in the 3ft or less depth which is to be expected)

So....the information out there say fertilize to get a bloom to block the sun. But it also says adding nutrients to the system encourages FA. As far as errors, I know that I let the bloom die down some for a week or so because it seems that fishing was easier without it.

1. Is FA just a byproduct of fertilizing and there's not much you can do?

2. Did I screw up by letting the bloom "die" off for a week or two?

3. Is it just perception that fishing is more difficult with only 18" of clarity?

4. Do I keep fertilizing this year to keep the bloom going or am I just going to end up feeding the FA and making it worse?

5. I've read a ton on Talipia. I'm thinking this sounds like a great idea for 2015 but I've yet to find a place near Mid-TN that sells them by the pound instead of by the individual. 10-15#s of Talipia bought by the individual is going to be a massive dollar amount. Is there a decent way to go get em all before they die off other then a ton of rod/reel?

6. The pond is not aerated, but I've got an aerator budget worked into the system for 2015. Will this make a big difference with FA or not? I'd kinda like to change one variable at a time so I know if an aerator or Talipia is the answer?

I've ordered the magazine and the pond basics book and read way to many hours online but haven't been able to figure out if what I'm experiencing is what's supposed to happen or if I've done something wrong? I appreciate all the feedback and the members of this forum that have built such a resource for us readers. Just an FYI, I was not able to get many of the links in the FAQ to open. They all said the site couldn't find the content.

Thanks!!