Thanks for the opinions.

What is a DO crash (depleted O2?)? Also, the neigbhor actually has water drainage issues so maybe the pond would help him out. My main concern with the neighbor would be if there was a dam failure, he would be flooded out.

As for the trees, I could cut most of them out and leave the stumps for fish habitat. Are you saying that this could be a potential spot for leaking?

My priority at this point is to determine if this spot is feasible or not. If so, I will continue down the path. I think I'm about a year or two away from starting this project. I don't know the potential costs but I am starting to sock some extra cash away. The cost shouldn't be too high. Most of the heavy equipment work would be in dam construction.

My grandpa owned a logging company and built ponds for 50 years. He's retired though. Plus he's 5 hrs away in sough Georgia. He will be a good resource for me, though, when talking to potentail pond builders. Speaking of, I can't seem to find any pond builders in North West Georgia.