be careful with "bartering" and taxes. you may want to check with your cpa...because if you get audited...bartering may get you in a bind ...to bad things aren't like the good ol' days huh?!!

type in bartering and taxes or some combo's thereof and see what you find out..may scare ya! also, i just found out something that may help you. i checked with my financial advisor. all this time i've been paying cash for the dozer work on the lake and property... to make a long story short.... i'm going to take another home improvement or mortgage like loan on my house at current loan rates low around 5 or 6 percent. now, that loan will be tax deductible. then, i'll invest the money into higher yeilding accounts... gaining from both directions...keep more from deductions and earn more from the difference in loan/investment amounts. Some people don't feel comfortable investing like this...me and my financial advisor do. i talked to him about trading dirt for services...i.e. bartering....there are certain ways to soften the process...but you have to be sneaky and make it look really clean on PAPER!! well, bored ya'll enough...don't listen to me...check with your cpa and financial advisor!! mark