SB,

I am having fun with the topias. I figure some one else might be able to take a few good ideas and keep the process going. I have had my share of failures, but in the end I chalk them up to a learning experience. All I know is that I am learning, having fun and making the topias better all the time.

So, what would you like to see? I'll be glad to share any info about my stuff.

About the costs, the old adage of "It Depends" is true. How much power do you want to generate and how much do you need to store? For me, I want to generate something better than 500 watts from the panels and I want to store enough power for the needs. I also over built the system for cloudy days. I want to have the power I need regardless of the weather, so I added another panel and used the best solar charge controller. It can take advantage of any power the panels can make even in lower light which gives me an advantage during cloudy days.

I have made DIY single disk aeration stations for the topias which will be installed soon. I'll post that part of the project as well. I know my O2 levels and stratification depths, so for me, this will be all about the data. Better water means better fish habitat, and with CB LMB and OTS CNBG, I want maximum results!!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%