James, go ahead and do it. Read up on how to give them a salt dip/bath before putting them in the pond, and I would net them out of the bucket, do the salt dip, place them in a larger container (like a 100 gallon watering tank) that is filled with pond water (or well water that has been brought up to temp and oxygenated) to recover, then dip them out and put them into the pond. Take the water that they came from the lake, the salt dip water and the 100 gal stock tank water and dump it where it won't go into the pond. Make sure that the BG are larger than 1/3 the length of the largest LMB in the pond. Also try and get both sexes of BG. Just finding bedding BG and yanking all the males won't help the pond much..........

You do that so any parasites, plant pieces or anything else that is not in the pond now from getting into it.

I once stocked a bunch of adult Golden Shiners like that, but I dind't do the dip nor kept the water out of my pond. The next year I had to treat the pond with Fluridone to kill the Eurasian Water Milfoil that was starting to show up. That plant was in the lake where the GSH came from........

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).