Brian, I see 2 possible issues and one of them could get nasty.

I don't know all that much about aeration but do know that fountains aren't all that efficient or effective. Aeration actually works by creating mini ripples under the surface that spreads across the water column. It might be more effective to toss the hose into the water to actually move the water around. You're actually adding non O2 water to the pond after passing through the air. But it won't help stratification. The wild card might be the different temps of the well water and the existing pond water.

Now the nasty part. Your friends, Al, Scott, Dudley, George and John all want to buy your sunshine generators. No matter what the outcome,there is bound to be hard feelings among them and you. To solve the problem, I'll take it off your hands to solve yours and their problems. I have thick skin and don't like any of those guys anyway. Since it's a long drive, there might be a minimal fee involved.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 07/13/14 05:27 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP