@ JeffCalvin, Hey that is definitely some impressive growth! I will let Bill Cody answer for himself, but until then I will try to clarify what he is saying. He speaks from a scientific/proof/theory mindset. Bill is not telling you that your walleye did not spawn, or trying to be argumentative. just for the sake of doing so. What I think Bill is trying to convey, from a fisheries biologists' standpoint, is that you cannot be 100% sure that your walleye have spawned until you see evidence of fish that are smaller than your original stockers. The growth rates of fish, from a given body of water, can be all over the place, think of a bell curve. Some fish from a given group, may do poorly, while the majority may all grow at the same rate. Then you may have some, that excel in growth, often referred here as "shooters".

Some fish may eat enough to survive for an extended period, but something is lacking, and they just never grow very well. I hope I make sense!

We all love pictures here! Feel free to share if you have the opportunity.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer.